Welcome 2021 and Reflecting Back On 2020

Welcome 2021 and Reflecting Back On 2020 


For all of us, 2020 will be an unforgettable year. This year, COVID happened. The virus originated in Wuhan and, (somehow) made its way to the whole world. We all wore masks to survive. I, for one, stayed home for at least six months. Today is the 3rd of January, 2021 and I am very happy because of the new year. This is because, as it is rightly quoted, "
The New Year stands before us, like a chapter waiting to be written." and also because it brings new hope to the world. People are hoping that COVID will finally end in 2021 so that it will be a better year. With all the good news surrounding 2021, including the new vaccines, it really brings joy and hope to the world. In self isolation, all we could do was stay at our homes and hope that COVID ends. We felt like we had no purpose. But then when people started working from home, they felt that they were doing something, not just sitting at home and hoping for the best. They made a difference. And then, when online classes started, It felt like I finally had something to do. I wasn't just roaming around at home, I was attending classes doing homework, group projects etc.. I never got to meet any of my friends after schools closed and I really miss the times when we sat together at recess. I used to play basketball before lockdown and played some tournaments for my school and I went into 2020 hoping it would be an even better year for my game. But, oh boy did I know that I was not going to play basketball for almost the whole YEAR! But with all the negatives, the year was beneficial for me. I got to spend time with my family, learn more about technology and I picked up a few skills along the way. I did a course from Harvard's CS50. I learnt concepts of computer science, coding and much more. I really enjoyed that. Recently, I have been obsessed with cubing. I recently got a personal best(PB) time of 16.79s on the cube. I have described this hobby of mine in another post. I hope that in 2021, I will make more friends and improve in different areas. I want to meet my friends and play a new sport like Tennis. Now that COVID is finally about to end, I feel that I can go to school this year and do all the things I liked to do. Earlier, I used to ask for a year's holidays, but now that I got them, I didn't really enjoy them. Now, I really want to go to school and meet my teachers, friends, and coaches. I hope that it will be an amazing year for all of you as well. 
Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to learn coding?

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets | Book review